CET has decades of experience supporting the establishment and growth of service providers that are doing the hands-on work of preventing, rescuing, and diverting wasted food. Also, we’re a non-profit and do not provide any of these services ourselves. You and your customers can trust us and have confidence in our recommendations and assistance.
How we can help:
Prevention and source reduction
- Increase awareness through creation of best management practices and speaking at events.
- Get to know your business, understand your market niche, and directly connect potential customers to you as appropriate.
- Work with food establishments that are composting or donating to examine prevention and source reduction as an option.
Food donation, rescue, and recovery
- Increase awareness through creation of best management practices and engaging public health officials on the topic.
- Address common barriers like liability and tax implications by supporting the creation of legal fact sheets with our partners at the Harvard Food Law and Policy Clinic.
- Get to know your operation, understand your market niche, and directly connect potential donors to you as appropriate.
- Identify sources of wasted food that could be recovered to become an ingredient in a new product.
Composting, animal feed, de-packaging, and anaerobic digestion
- Increase awareness through creation and dissemination of source separation and storage best management practices.
- Engage public health officials about the issue and help make diversion a more understood and accepted standard practice for food establishments.
- Get to know your business, understand your market niche and feedstock specifications, directly connect potential customers to you as appropriate, help train your customers in proper separation, and troubleshoot contamination or low-volume issues.
- For compost site operators in some areas, offer no-cost technical assistance for best practices delivered by experienced experts.
- Connect you with haulers that can help source materials for your operation.
- Increase awareness of collection service availability for potential customers.
- Provide route generation and densification support to help increase access to services and cost-effectiveness for all stakeholders.
- Connect you with viable processing sites (animal feed, composting, and anaerobic digestion).
- Help your customers separate materials more successfully through training, signage design, and collection system set up, etc. We can also train or mentor your employees in how to provide this service to your customers.